Thursday, December 1, 2011

Journal #8

If you were to describe yourself using a quotation, what would that quotation be? After you have chosen a quote, then write a bit about how it relates to you and reveals what kind of person you are.

"Winners never quit and quitters never win."
I like this quote, it can relate to so many people including myself.this quote can relate to me because I am the type of person that likes to try new things, such as trying newer sports as I get older and doing bigger things in school as the years go by. I have been aging sports since I was 4 years of age. I started out playing soccer since inwas the age of four until the age of 10 or so. Throughout those years I played softball as well. I believe I continued to play softball until I entered middle school. I had not really participated in sports during middle school since I had gone from a change of being in private school to public school so I was still getting used to the new schooling system. My freshman year in high school I decided to play basketball to try it out and to see whether or not I would like to play the following year. I ended up playing but did not really like it. Later on my freshman year I decided to try out shotput and discus for track and field, I ended up liking that a lot. My following high school year, my sophomore year, I decided to play tennis, I ended up liking that sport and played my junior year as well. I am currently in my junior year and I just tried a new sport, waterpolo, so far I like it and hope to play next year as well. I think I can relate to this quote because although I have not necessarily one every one of my games in all the sports I have participated in but I have continued to participate in sports over the years. There are many people that try out a sport when they are little, not like it and give up and quit right then and there. I think I can relate to this quote, as well as many other athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment