Thursday, December 1, 2011

Journal # 3

How have you taken something that you have learned in the classroom and integrated it into your nonacademic life?

Something that I have learned and have applied to my nonacademic life would probably be communicating better with people such as using academic language when speaking with an adult or just holding better converstaions with peers. Using academic language around peers or family, or anybody is a good habit to pick up on, this habit will definitely help you in the future when needing to speak to a boss which is important, or when writing essays in the future for universities. Speaking better can also help you to pick up on a more professional way to communicate which will definitely help you, especially if the occupation you're interested involves people skills and attending to people. Another way using more precise language has helped and benefitted me is to communicate better with teachers, and I know this skill will greatly benefit me in my college years whether it's speaking to a professor of mine or applying academic language to assignments I will be expected to complete in the future. As I said before it will greatly benefit me with future occupations and communicating with other professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment