Thursday, December 1, 2011

Journal #6

 How have you tried to effect change in relation to an issue of personal, local, or national significance?
A way in which I have tried to effect change in for my local community is trying to stop hunger of local AIDS patients in my community. I have tried to make change by delivering meals to local AIDS patients. The organization I volunteer with prepares hot meals, as well as putting together a bag of food that will last them two days until they will be delivered more food. I think what I do is really cool, I have fun while I'm making a change in my community.I think it is a really cool thing for everyone to be involved with, when one delivers food to the patients or clients, had they not given them their food they would not have the proper food or nutrients to keep them healthy for the next few days, especially those with a special diet they need to be on, they may purchase the wrong types of foods when buying their own food or may add a wrong ingredient when preparing food for themselves.I have made change in my community by allowing these people to receive the nutrients needed to stay as healthy as they can while they are ill. I think this is an awesome thing to do and a very cool thing to be involved with, as well as a very cool way to give back to their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment